Skip to main content
- Avoid color and line-type by entity. Do NOT use the properties command to change the color or line-type of objects as this will define them by-entity. Use LAYER – COLOR option.
- Defpoints used to be a convenient layer for objects not intended for plotting but Autocad now provides a no-plot facility for layers. Use LAYER PLOT <no-plot>.
- Preferably control line width by color rather than using wide polylines. The width of polylines can not be changed by layer redefinition.
- For editing or plotting distinction try greying-out xref layers by changing their color. This can be done by LAYER COLOR 8 (grey) *xreffilename*.
- Preferably create dimstyles by coloring features BYLAYER rather than BYBLOCK. Use DIMCLRE and DIMCLRT to control dimension colors that are BYBLOCK.